Sunday, February 05, 2006

The internet

This week saw my change from Wanadoo to Tiscali and I found myself thinking something I never thought I ever would: that I miss Wanadoo!
Why? Because, unlike Tiscali up until tonight, Wanadoo provided me with the internet!
Since I bade good riddance to Wanadoo and set up Tiscali, I've been internet less and have suffered cold turkey with NO access for over a week!
After much fannying about with various wires, ports and various other electronic devices, we gave in and decided to ask for help. The only help that was given was to my temper which was aided in it'sprogrssion to being released!
As I have made clear before, I am far from racist but I cannot stand asking advice from people whom I don't understand and, more importantly, who do not understand me!
The guy didn't havbe a clue what I was on about and as that had no chance of giving me internet I began to feel frustrated, particulalry as I was concious of the phone bill steadily rising.
As it happened, much fiddling today has finally got me connected...albeit on my brothers computer. My next step is getting the £80 equipment I have purchased recently that is designed to link multiple computers to one connection to work.
But that is for another day!

No comments: