Monday, February 06, 2006

Bordering on Indecency!

As the time of my performance in a musical draws steadily closer, an unfortunate twist has made me nervous on a whole new scale altogether.
The person who was due to play my love interest may not be able to perform due to illness. Now, initially I was relieved as I've never liked her, she's impossible to act with and well, rather shallowly, I certainly didn't want to snog her on stage.
So I thought, well, it can only be a good change, can't it?
I often pride myself on my ability to be sorely wrong on inappropriate situations and this was one of those instances.
My NEW co-star is a student I teach drama to.
The person I have to sing love songs to, embrace and smooch on stage is...13 years old!!!!!
Now, to me, this feels a tad wrong. When I say a tad, I mean very very very very very very very wrong!
I am certainly ot comfortable with it! I don't care if it's just drama and it's acting! I don't care if everyone knows it's fake (I'm hoping this applies to her father in the crowd too) and I don't care that we get on well anyway.
No matter which way you look at it, I have to kiss a 13 year old child!
Oh woe is me and all that jazz...HELP!

No comments: