Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Dithering through a dilemma

While wandering down in the early hours of the morning and donning a seriously unfetching shirt for filming, I discovered some interesting mail underneath the heaps of Valentine's cards addressed to me.
It was claiming to me that, following an application for a job post they want me to go along for an interview.
I'm in two minds over whether to do this.
I must admit, when initially sending out the application, I was situated at the back end of a seriously bad week at work. While I still desire a more simplistic and less stressful occupation (albeit temporary), one half of me is listening to the words of a friend who warned me I would probably regret it and get very bored very quickly.
I have been fortunate to land a part time job in teenage years that I don't dread going in to (not always anyway) and it is quite a boost to self esteem to be given higher responsibilities than would generally be expected at this age.
I know that going to an interview doesn't guarantee me a job. I also know that they will contact my current manager and ask for a reference. Therefore going along to the interview would effectively be my final decision concerning my current job. My manager is a pain in the arse at the best of times and this would only increase if he knew I was applying elsewhere.
I'm not quite sure what to do for the better to be honest.
It's a shame that I haven't got any time to think about it.

No comments: