Monday, February 06, 2006

Another technical saga

Those of us who inhabit the internet like lost souls on a regular basis will know the pain, anguish and consequent desperation that is suffered when it goes on one of it's regular blip.
Well, third week into my no internet existance and two months since I last had it on my own computer, I was at the end of my tether earlier this evening.
This afternoon, the situation was thus. I had finally succeeded in getting Tiscali to work on my brother's computer so we HAD internet. I had pur-chased a networking hoo-ha for eighty pounds but the modem for this has not worked so far so I couldn't link both computers.
So there I was, minding my own boring business, surfing, emailing and typing away when my brother barges in and chucks me off of his computer in a petty revenge for when the internet was on my computer.
I was not best pleased by this rather unfair turn of events and naturally obstructed his attempts to heave me out of my adored position in front of the computer monitor.
Naturally, as the computer is his, there was very little I could do save for reminding him how generous I normally am to him and who pays moeny into the house (it's me if you didn't get that)
So in one corner we have hard studying, hard working, board paying, un-tempermental to parent me and in the other we have lazy, foul mouthed, thief him!
I must admit, blinded by these factors, I was smugly convinced that I would surely win this feud.
Alas, things weren't to be and another bout of younger child favouritism reared it's ugly head.
I don't take kindly to unfairness and I was certain that in this instance I was right and I argued my case and things got heated and, on both parts, very petty.
However, in a rare occurence, this story actually has a pleasant ending. After much more fiddling and technical support I have now networked the computers and both now have the internet.
Hmm, that sentence didn't quite put across the enormity of what it described.

I HAVE THE INTERNET ON MY COMPUTER!!
YES! YES! YYEEEESSSSS!!!!!

I'm a happy bunny now!

No comments: