Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Theatre trip take seventeen thousand or something

Today i embarked on yet another trip to see a performance, this time journeying to Sunderland to watch one half of geoffrey Chaucer's Canterbury tales and, I must be honest, the idea hadn't filled me with excitement.
On the contrary, I was positively dreading three slow hours worth of a trek through olde english that I could barely understand.
However, i found myself pleasantly surprised. the language had been altered so that it was still olde english but was easier to understand. The acting was superb and there were some genuinely hilarious moments in it.
I found myself laughing regularly, and, whilst three hours was still a tad too long for my liking, it wasn't an unpleasant way to pass the time.
It just goes to show I shouldn't judge things on my gut feeling!

No comments: