Saturday, March 18, 2006

Best Of Both Worlds...?

And so the result of the much anticipated decision over who exactly will play the heroine in the upcoming musical in which I am involved.
Would it be the softly spoken, badly acted, somewhat unattractive Miranda, or the young, tender thirteen Miranda to whcih I would profess my love and kiss on stage?
The answer is...both.
They are to share the role. The first and original will play the part on the Tuesday, Thursday and friday, whereas Ms 'just past preteen' will do it on the Wednesday.
Hmm...all right! Also on the perfromance front, I am terrified at the speed tickets are selling, meaning there will be significant crowds each day.
I have been relentlessly learning lines and practising, only to be struck down, once more, with a particularly bad bout of illness, which will leave me out of action for a fair while yet.
I guess, that one week before, this is the typical theatre rush of panic. But i don't like this aspect of acting, funnily enough.
Fingers crossed...it'll be all right on the night!?

No comments: