Sunday, April 30, 2006

And when the juggling becomes too much...

Sunday, and the beginning of a fresh week, a blank canvas if you like. This was my attitude as I got up this morning and, as it happens, it has paid dividends. Forgetting aall about any troubles and stresses and recent events and just looking forward, redeeming my normal composure and just getting on with it. It is my belief that people shouldremain content until something causes them to be otherwise. What is done is done, and when you're powerless to change the past, it's time to move on. A bit naive, perhaps, and certainly much easier to say than to do, but I'm trying.
At the end of a week of such poignant ups and downs, I feel mentally and physically exhausted. A chain of events, mostly unrelated have peaked and dipped my 'world' if you like in the past couple of weeks orso but headway has been made and the dark cloud could be about to be pierced. I don't want to dig my own grave by saying that, but at least now I can see how things could perhaps, maybe just, be resolved.
Schoolwork has been up at the top of my list of minor stresses in the last week. Education could perhaps do with a bit of shaking to at least ensure all deadlines don't fall on the same day. As it stood, my deadlines for four pieces of project work landed on Friday and the days leading up to it were certainly headbanging! This was a very inopportune time for school to start wailing for attention and part of me regrets the fact that in my desperation to get everything in on time, the quality of my work may have suffered.
Speaking of work, it's been unhelpful to only have a single day off this week, and the same next week. It's becoming the only reason to look forward to Thursdays not to have to step into that place.
These two distractions have served to do one thing however, and take my mind off of things spinning around my head at the moment, one of which being the slow and reluctant realisation that I'm more unwell than I care to admit.
I can't and nor do I want to, divulge details about what's going on, but I felt fit to leave some form of update to show that there is light at the end of the tunnel and also to thank those who have been a constant support.
You know who you are.

Fingers crossed for a fresh, happy week!

No comments: