Monday, April 20, 2009

Bunch of Bankers!

I don't know if this has happened to anyone before, but if so, you will no doubt understand my frustration. About 6 weeks ago, a bank machine gobbled my card after I asked for £100 withdrawal and then shut itself down. So I had no card, minus 100 from my balance and no cash in my hand
Naturally the bank that owned the machine were 'powerless' do do anything and I had to go through my own bank...who only sent a request form back to the other bank anyway. They then told me to wait a month before it is resolved (a spot check takes 4 weeks!?)
6 weeks on, no whisper of that money and when i went into my bank they treated me with the derision associated with awkward customers and people trying to pull a fast one.
But excuse me! I did nothing wrong, I worked for that money and just because it is an inconvenience to the staff paid to do it, it does not mean I am going to shrug my shoulders and say 'ah you win some you lose some'
Would be interested to know if anyone has had this happen to them before.

No comments: