Tuesday, January 02, 2007

New Year; New Hope

A new year works for many people in different ways. For some it is the start of a whole new adventure; they anticipate their coming year with relish and curiosity, eager for what awaits them. For others, it is a more bland affair; pfft what's another year, nothing changes.

I simply see it as an opportunity for a clean slate. I'm not going to wipe out the last year from my memory. I have learned a great deal from things that have happened both to myself and others around me. I have earned one or two close individuals to my heart, and I have had a laugh.
It would be all too easy to look back on the year in a negative stance. It could either be the year I've suffered worst and had to make recurring trips to the hospital. Or it could be the year I've come out fighting and made bold steps to defeat my demons. This is just one example but I know which way I'm looking at it as I come into the new year.

There were so many times over the last year where I sat and moped. Everything had gone to pot, nothing was working as it was, people were stressing me out, events were transpiring against me, I lost this friend, I felt bad about this, I couldn't face such and such...
But, if I'm to make any sort of headway then I have to think positively. SO while my miserable thoughts may not be unfounded, there is so much more to feel positive about.

And at the centre of this positive aura is you lot. My friends who have been there to talk to, turn to and let me feel that I have someone who cares.
I know I've been difficult to get on with last year and a bit of a pain but you're all still here and what more can I do than thank you and promise that whenever required, the favour will be returned.

So...to all of you and you all know who you are, you have had a great effect on me in the past year and further back and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.
God only knows where I would have been if it weren't for you all.

And a Happy New Year to all the readers of The Diary Of Mr Slug Take Two

2 comments:

Jennytc said...

Happy New Year to you, Wallo. May 2007 be all you want it to be.

Wallo said...

Jennyta: Thank you. Smae to you

Carpenter: .....shut up!