Saturday, August 19, 2006

I swear they just get stupider

Okay so my first day in my new job. Having had a quick ten minute training, I was told that I was on my own with it for four days while the other person who does it had a long weekend. Great.
So there I was, piles of paperwork and not a clue how to do it. I managed to crash two computers in the process of printing, I went on a wild goose chase to find some stock that someone had already done but hey I eventually got it all worked out through my amazing powers of initiative.
Pfffft but hey it resembles completion in some form.
So, half an hour before the end of my shift and after a stressful day i've managed to get it all done when along comes a customer and orders thousands of pounds worth of goods. I go through the order form, we then go through a further form to apply for a card, put it through the till, exchange receipts and she goes on her way. As she goes to exit she turns around and says 'I hope you don't presume that the address I've given is the delivery address, as I don't live there anymore'
Errr what!?
'Yes and that phone number is my old one so you may struggle to get a hold of me.' You think!?
'Would it help if I gave you my current address and phone number?'
It WOULD have helped when I was doing the order. I mean, of all the stupid things...the dozy cow doesn't even seem to know where she lives!
Asking for an address isn't the most difficult of things and excuse me for being stupid enough to presume that the address she gave me was the correct one.
Off she ambled, blissfully unaware that she'd open a whole new can of worms and excessive paperwork for me to do before I could go home.
When I eventually got all orders sorted, reordered, refunded and resold I was well over half an hour past my finishing time.

Some people are just beyond me at times.

3 comments:

gemmak said...

Oh...I so know that job....what on earth persuaded you to take that! lol. ;o)

Wallo said...

Pffft some form of blackmail and bribery was involved.
Plus naivety to what the job actually was!

Wallo said...

Carpenter: Yeah...always a temptation!